我个人认为作为母语是汉语的中国新移民来说,短期内想把电话打得非常地道是不太现实的,其实打电话前自己酝酿一下,在纸上列个提纲,把大致要问的问题或想表达的意思有礼貌地说清楚就行了,所以,我这里就列出一些给中介打电话常用的句型供同志们参考,其实,我每次打电话时也就记住了几个常用的句型,就一路搞定了,顺便说一下,听力始终很重要,能听懂才能交流。
1.Greeting
Hello, my name is………. How are you?
Good morning/afternoon. My name is ………….
Hello, this is ……………..
2. Requesting to speak to person
I was wondering if I could speak to…………..
Could I speak to……………….
I’d like to speak to………………
Is……………………available.
3. Ask when person is due back
When do you expect him/her back?
Will he/she be available this afternoon?
Will he/she be away long?
4. Requesting to leave a message 一般我们都选择再打过去,但有时打两遍也找不到的话,那就留言吧。
Can I leave a message please?
Could I please leave a message?
Would you take a message please?
5. 没听懂的时候,可以用:
Pardon?
Sorry?升调
I beg your pardon?
Could you say that again, please?
Would you mind repeating that, please?
Could you spell that, please?
Could you say the number again, please?
I’m sorry. I didn’t quite understand that.
Sorry, I didn’t quite catch that.
I’m sorry, I didn’t quite get that.
Sorry, I missed that.
对某些具体的信息没听清时,可以重复反问没听清的那几个词,例如:
对方说:You need to send your resume to Tom Keaney.
你没听清楚谁的时候,可以问:
I send my resume to…..?
如果对方说了一遍名字你还没听清,可以说:
Could you spell that, please?
如果你不太确信你听到名字,可以重复一下,如:
Tom Keaney? 或者说:
Did you say Tom Keaney?
其实,不光是名字,对没听清楚的信息都可以采取这种回答法,还可以说:
So you mean…..?
如果你对某个听到的单词不懂什么意思,你可以说:
What does…..mean? 或者
I’m sorry, I’m not familiar with that word/term.
6. 如果你口语较烂,对方理解错了,你就说:
No, sorry, what I meant was…………..
No, actually, what I said was……….
7. 如果对方跟你叙述事情的时候,你要礼貌地给出一些feedback,比如:
Mm, Right, I see, Really, Uh huh, Ok等之类的词。
8. 如果你想得到对方的信息或帮助,要用恳切的语气
下面这两个句子就很不礼貌,绝对让人家不爽:
Tell me about the job.
I want you to send me the information.
客气的说法应该是:
Would you mind answering a few questions I have about the job?
I was wondering if you could tell me a little more about the job.
Could you please send me the information about the vacancy?
I wonder if you could send me some information about your company?
如果你想让对方感觉到你比较体谅他/她比较忙的话,你也可以这样说:
Can I just take a little of your time to ask a few questions about the job?
If I could just take a little of your time.
I only need a couple of minutes.
电话例子:
Receptionist: Good morning. BLT.
Mita:
Good morning. Could I speak to Michael Johnson, please?
Receptionist:
May I ask who’s calling?
Mita: Yes, Mita Delgado.
Receptionist: Could you spell that please?
Mita: M.I…T.A.
Receptionist: P for Peter?
Mita: No. T for Tommy.
Receptionist: M.I.T.A.
Mita: That’s right. And my surname is Delgado. D.E.I….G-A-D-O.
Receptionist: May I ask what it’s regarding?
Mita: Yes, I’m applying for the position of Production and Inventory Controller and I just wanted to ask Mr Johnson a couple of questions.
Receptionist: One moment please………… He’s on the phone atthe moment. Would you like to wait?
Mita: Sure…..
Receptionist: The line is still busy. Do you mind holding?
Mita: Ok……………………………………………………………………………………………..
………………………………………………………
Receptionist: Who were you waiting on? Mike Johnson was it?
Mita: Yes, that’s right.
Mr Johnson: Johnson.
Mita: Hello. It’s Mita Delgado speaking, Mr Johnson. I’mvery interested in the position of Production and Inventory Controller you advertised last Saturday. Can I just ask you a few questions?
Mr Johnson: Sure, what did you want to know?
Mita: Um, well, what sort of computerized inventory system have you installed in your factory?
Mr Johnson: Well, it’s a Wang System and we’re going to an IBM 400 series soon.
Mita: I see. Well I’ve got experience with manufacturing resource planning and Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets.Would that be relevant?
Mr Johnson: No, no, no, you, you do a bit of word processing. But there ah won’t be much.
Mita: Right.
Mr Johnson: Yeah. It’s ah, mainly working off reports. The computer virtually works it out for you and tells you what ah. It’ll, it’ll give you a report saying: I think you should order this, this is moving up, this is moving down. Stuff like that.
Mita: I see. I do have experience with Word Perfect and Inventory Control. Is that?
Mr Johnson: Right. Yes, um, well, Word Perfect, well you won’t use that much. It’d mainly be ah, well, just mainly reading the screen all the time. But, ah, look, just send us your resume and ah, we can have alook at what you’ve done.
Mita: Yes. Sure.
Mr Johnson: And we’ll take it from there. OK?
Mita: Yes, fine. Um, I, I was just wondering. Could you send me any information about the company, like a company report or a brochure?
Mr Johnson: No, ah, look we’re a pretty small company. I don’t think we’ve got anything we could send you, actually.
Mita: I see. OK, All right then. Thanks very much for your time.
Mr Johnson: No worries.
Mita: Bye
Mr Johnson: Bye bye.
(终于敲完,十指颤抖!)其实找工作的同志们注意看里面一些比较客气的表达法模仿一下应该就行了。
关于电话中拼读名字的时候,例如:
My first name is Rhys. That’s R for Robert, H for Harry, Y for yellow and S for Sam.
标准的International Alphabet如下:
A for apple B for Bob C for cat D for dog E for egg F for Fred G for George H for Harry I for ink J for Jack K for King
L for Larry M for Mary N for Nellie O for orange P for Peter Q for queen R for Robert S for Sam T for Tom U for umbrella
V for Victor W for William X for X-ray Y for yellow Z for zebra
[ 本帖最后由 新生活主张 于 5-10-2008 01:39 编辑 ] |