[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 28-12-2008 09:23:18 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?FreeOZ用户注册

x

(写圣诞小文一篇, 支持VIVI斑竹的活动~)

I nearly forgot how I spent my last Christmas, Was I on a business trip or doing stock count for year end audit? I couldn’t even remember, but what I did remember is the harsh wind and gloomy weather, it was bloody cold and I was freezing. I remembered it with great clarity because it was my first Christmas away from home. I was sent to Shanghai to work for four months, and Christmas in this big metropolis is all about wild parties, sleepless night, big shopping day, buy , buy, buy……it costs a lot to celebrate Christmas in style in Shanghai.

In the year 2008, I went all the way from a cold northern city to a fascinating tropical land---Australia, and I’m going to do something I have never done in my life----embrace the coming of Santa in a cool summer breeze.

As the big festive season loomed in, my friend got an invitation to a Christmas party in a church. He asked if wanted to come along, Of course I said yes, how can I resist the temptation of celebrating Christmas in a church? Hah~ I’ve been to all kinds of parties---in a local bistro, in a pub or nightclub, at a corporate function, at a friend’s home……but party in a church ? Never happened and really want to try~~

It was a nice neighborhood on the seaside, there was a cool breeze blowing from the ocean and I felt very peaceful, the church got beautiful décor ----candles, candies, Santa Clause Portrait---to add a Christmas atmosphere to this place. family and neighbors got together under one roof , had some nice little chats, shared food and presents, sent their best wishes and sing songs together. All those things remind me of American Movies made in the 1920s , when everybody is friendly and have a big smile on their face like they have no worries.

After some warm-up chats with people sitting at the same table, each of us took our own plate to get some food and drink in the backyard. You’ll be so disappointed if you are a vegetarian, coz they’ve got roasted chicken that is so tender to tickle your taste buds. The bread, mashed potato, vegetable salads, deserts (cookies, ice creams) are all home-made and not bad either.

The highlight of the evening is the speech given by the priest, he raised a question : Will you still enjoy Christmas if you don’t have a penny in your pocket? Will you still be happy? Then he talked about the true meaning of celebrating the big holiday, it’s not about spending money on extravagant merchandise. It’s about having a good time with your family and dearest friends, everybody deserves to be happy no matter he is rich or poor, healthy or disabled.

After the party, I gave a call to my mom, telling her that I was doing well in Sydney and spent a fabulous Christmas, although I was miles from my homeland, I felt at home that night.

Pictures:
In City Center, Christmas seems all about buying:

评分

参与人数 7威望 +180 收起 理由
flora723 + 30 你太有才了!
shenyouwohao + 10 谢谢分享!
文华815 + 20 精品文章!
naughtybaby + 30 你太有才了!
lxbtiger + 30 精品文章

查看全部评分

回复  

使用道具 举报

2#
发表于 29-12-2008 00:27:53 | 只看该作者
womderful writing
回复  

使用道具 举报

3#
发表于 29-12-2008 03:24:58 | 只看该作者
回复  

使用道具 举报

4#
 楼主| 发表于 30-12-2008 19:57:11 | 只看该作者
挖塞....好耀眼的一片金黄色啊
回复  

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 31-12-2008 12:58:32 | 只看该作者
where where?
回复  

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 31-12-2008 14:22:26 | 只看该作者

写的很棒啊
学习。。。
回复  

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2-1-2009 23:40:12 | 只看该作者
好文章,学习了
回复  

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 5-1-2009 23:15:13 | 只看该作者
propz~
回复  

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 6-1-2009 10:47:49 | 只看该作者
回复  

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 15-1-2009 01:36:34 | 只看该作者
LZ文笔真好
回复  

使用道具 举报

11#
 楼主| 发表于 15-1-2009 06:32:23 | 只看该作者
回复  

使用道具 举报

12#
发表于 24-2-2009 18:01:24 | 只看该作者
wondful , I read it twice.
回复  

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | FreeOZ用户注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|FreeOZ论坛

GMT+10, 29-4-2024 08:37 , Processed in 0.044133 second(s), 30 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.